Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thinner

Yesterday I managed to burn a record breaking (for me anyway) 500 calories working out that would not have been burned otherwise. I went garage saleing yesterday morning and the owner of the gym and his "team" were attending a power lifting competition so the gym was only going to be open from 10am to 12pm. I didn't get there until 10 minutes after 11 and that's not enough time for me to get everything in. I managed to burn 300 calories doing cardio and get most of the weight machine part of my workout done before they closed. I can't be happy with only 300 calories though. But it was a beautiful warm day and everything is budding out with life and I decided to go walk at the wildlife preserve. I haven't walked there in a while.

I walked 2 1/2 miles in 50 minutes and I'm counting that as 200 calories. It might be less, I'm not sure. I know that in 25 minutes on the treadmill and almost he same pace I an burn 150.Ii think I was walking a bit slower though. However during that 25 minutes I would not be using an incline and I was walking up and down small hills at the wildlife preserve.

I am having trouble sticking to the diet the nutritionist put me on. I have no trouble eating the foods on it, but six meals a day is hard to do. I've only managed 5 meals a day on two days of the diet and The best I seem to be able to do is 5 glasses of water a day. I was so busy yesterday I only managed 3 meals.

But I am finally loosing some weight. I started the diet on the 20th and as of the 24th I have lost 3 pounds. Not bad for 4 days. I read that to loose a pounds a day you have to create a deficit of 500 calories. 400 to 450 is what I have been working off in the gym.

I do look thinner when I look in the mirror. The waist of my pants is not a lot looser but it seems to be looser around my thighs. Well, the stomach is usually the last to go isn't it.

Today the gym is closed. Today we work on the back on the property. I think we will get row 1 done today. We better get row 1 done today. I can' believe its taken us 3 weeks to get to this point. That's really ridiculous. I knew this first part was going to take the longest because it is the widest point and the part of the dome that will take the most bags, but I didn't realize it was going to take this long.

Once this first row is in place then I can go down there in the morning and do a few bags myself each day. I can even drag Coyote off of his precious World of Warcraft game and make him help me.

Bear is in church this morning though and has asked me to get the rest of the bedding plants I bought last weekend planted and some ironing done. On top of that I have to hang some laundry on the lines and get some more of it washed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon