Monday, April 02, 2007

A beautiful spring day

My pond was a littler clearer yesterday and the Koi are finally getting brave enough to come to the surface so I got some better pictures.
A further away picture of all of them.

This is my favorite, the blue one.This is the white one with the orange and black speckles.
Her is the orange one with the black speckles. I think I need to find a black one with orange and white speckles now.
This is the yellow one, called a lemon Koi. He is a little lighter than I wanted in a yellow Koi. The original yellow Koi that I had was much more vibrant, but his lighter colored scales seem to have a pearly sheen to them.

Today is a beautiful soring day. The green leaves almost seem to give off a light of there own, especially when walking through the woods. Its like there is a soft green glow surrounding everything.

These last few years I have developed a water retention problem. In the two week period between which I ovulate and get my monthly I retain more water than the Hoover dam! Since I am on this diet I have started eating celery more these last two weeks. Its good with peanut butter on it and also has diuretic qualities. I haven't swollen up nearly as much.

Well I got my monthly this morning and I always loose all of the water I was having on to the day I start so I went and got the belt I have been using the measure just to see if I lost anything I was retaining and sure enough I am down another half inch. I think this is pretty darn good since I didn't work out either Saturday or Sunday (unless you count working on the back of the property).

This morning I slept a little late. I had a migraine last night and it kept me up late. Then I got up and made myself a cup of coffee. No one let the dogs out this morning. Commodore seems to be able to "hold it"for as long as needed but Odin hasn't developed this ability yet. I got to clean up a nice big puddle of pee and poop this morning. Plus he had found some things to chew into little pieces this morning to and I found myself sweeping them up from underneath the table this morning. Then I went out and fed the fish and sipped my coffee while watering my garden.

I took a walk in the woods and did some positive life affirmations while standing on our hillside looking out over the mountains. We Witches have a belief that we create the reality that's around us with our thoughts. If we think negative things then negative things are going to happen, but if we think positive then positive ones will happen. That's the purpose of positive life affirmations,.


I know its not really appropriate for a Witch to be doubtful when she tries a new form of magic, but I usually am. I'm afraid I am a little bit to much on the side of "I have to see it to believe it". When I first started practicing magic I really didn't think it would work at all. I just did it because I thought it was kind of neat. Imagine my surprise when it actually did and my continued surprise as the results get bigger and bigger each time. I sort of feel this way with positive life affirmations. At least I did but I am starting to see results now.

4 Comments:

Blogger elise said...

The water retention thing stinks! As I've gotten older I notice more of a problem. Its so up and down throughout the day that I can't really get an accurate weight of myself. I check my wedding band to see if it slides off easily to know if I'm bloated or not. My dog problems are on the other end of the spectrum. My 10 or 11 year old Golden Retriever overdid it yesterday and was running like the wind and swimming like a fish only to be barely walking today. I hate to see him in pain. He pooped on the floor but I can't really be mad.

6:38 AM  
Blogger dragonfly183 said...

ha ha. yeah my poor old Pyrenees has that problem some days to. usually an aspirin or two makes him feel better though.

7:34 AM  
Blogger dragonfly183 said...

ha ha. yeah my poor old Pyrenees has that problem some days to. usually an aspirin or two makes him feel better though.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I have to say the blue one is my favorite too. Sounds like nice weather you're having, we had it for a few days, looking for snow and cold all the way through Easter now. And I had some dog problems too. My wife worked at 4PM yesterday, I got home about 5:40PM. She left the basement door open, so the dogs ate all the cat food in the free feeder (a lot). Then, somehow they got into a load of bird food upstairs. They even looked bloated when I got home, and had crapped all over the place. My wife got home at 2:30AM, and was greeted with bird seed filled diarrhea all over- serves her right. :)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon