Monday, October 29, 2007

At long last a baked fish recipe i like

I grew up eating fish all of the time. I can't understand why some people don't like it. My only guess is they didn't eat it much growing up. We ate wild fish as much or more than we ate things like Deer and Squirrel and rabbit.

I can eat fried catfish hot or cold and for any meal of the day and relish every bite. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it as good as my mother does even when I'm using her recipe. I found a recipe today for baked fish that i really liked and it only has 190 calories in it. Probably less because I always make my own breadcrumbs out of what or multi grain bread and the stuff you buy in the store is from white bread.

Recipe makes 4 and each piece only has 190 calories in it.

2 tbsp breadcrumbs (wheat or multi grain if you can get them)
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried or fresh basil
1tbsp butter (I also omitted the butter and it came out fine and once again probably lower in calories than the recipe states)

Combine all dry ingredients and coat fish thoroughly. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes.

My fish fell apart a little bit after it thawed so I took the pieces and mashed them into a cake with the remaining bread crunbs and that was excellant too. better than the fish actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon