Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baby fishies

You know those fall leaves are really starting to show today. There's lots of golden yellow in those leaves outside.

I went to feed the fish this morning and some of the babies are getting a little braver and coming up to the surface to eat, but not enough of them. I still haven't gotten a good look at the fish I now know to be a full blooded KOI.

I thought about selling them but I think I'll probably just give them away. Last time I talked to Audrey at Chateau Aux Arc she mentioned something about having had a large pond dug. I think I will ask her if she wants some.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bellaluna said...

i heard you can make good money selling them. on the news one night there was a special about these 2 boys up here in minnesota who have their own koi business, they do everything themselves and making bank! one of my co-workers said her neighbor bought one that was 300!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Goddess of the Woods said...

I really know nothing about koi. What do you do with them in the winter when the water freezes? Do you have to take them out and keep them in a tank?

5:20 AM  
Blogger dragonfly183 said...

Sorry I didn't respond to this until now, I didn't see it. In my climate the water usually doesn't freeze any more than 6 inches down. My pond is two feet deep so there fine. Plus the mud in the bottom of the pond is full of decaying material and that generates heat when it decays. when we clean it out in the spring the bottom is always nice and warm. During the winter you can see them swimming underneath the ice.

I don't know if i could sell them. There is so much involved.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon