Thursday, October 18, 2007

Paxil Lawsuit

You may or may not have heard of this but information has recently surfaced that proves that newborn PPHN (persistent puliminary hypertension disorder) is being caused by pregnant mothers who were given Paxil for depression during there pregnancy.

I believe there is a lawsuit developing so if your baby was born with this and you took Paxil while you were pregnant you need to contact Paxil Attorneys California for information on how to get involved.

It really makes me angry that we keep seeing these lawsuits pop up. If these drugs are going to do this kind of damage they shouldn't be allowed on the market. I always through our government was supposed to regulate that sort of thing. Yet we even see damaging over the counter crap coming on the market too. At least there are lawyers holding these people responsible. I think I remember seeing an advert for some kind of special they were doing on the governments failure in this area.

2 Comments:

Blogger Goddess of the Woods said...

I agree! The pharmaceutical companies are poisoning society. I understand the reasons people take the drugs ... however, I am an opponent of so many of them. This is just one example of why. I have taken a lot of heat for it, but I, personally, feel that anti-depressants shouldn't be as widely prescribed as they are. Yes, there are people who need them, but for the most part, I believe it makes people incapable of dealing with issues they way we were meant to. Somewhere I read an article about how by prescribing antidepressants for those suffering from a severe loss (death, divorce, etc.),they weren't dealing with the issues and going through the stages of grief as we are biologically meantto. Anyway ... just my 2 cents.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Retta said...

And I remember they boasted that it was the "safe one" for you to take while pregnant. Ugh, so sad.

Depression is serious business and not to be messed around with though. And unfortunately being pregnant can make a depressed person dive deeper into depression, it's a vicious cycle.

When it comes to dealing with loss etc... antidepressants are often prescribed to an overly depressed person who may be suicidal. But, I will agree that doctors are quick to the prescription pad sometimes when it might not be the right answer.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon