Friday, November 02, 2007

A long day of running

I haven't done much more than run around almost all day today. We picked up the remaining things we needed for the village at Ace Hardware. Its actually there village houses we buy. There's no way I'm going to spend 80 to 100 hundred dollars on houses for a Christmas village. They have those at the Copper Pig (an expensive shop here in town). The ones at Ace hardware are only 20 dollars and Bear still gets the discount he used to get as an employee. Just because he has stayed friends with management though.

Then Bear had me go to hobby lobby and get glue guns. I went home and discovered that I was out of dishwashing detergent, garbage bags, and dish soap and had to go back out again. While I was out I decided to go ahead and go to Bona Dea trails and walk. I took the two mile trail. its takes me only 45 minutes. While on the walk bear called me and told me that his new Knee brace broke and I had to go to wal0mart and exchange it for him. It was nearly 6pm by then.

Whats interesting is that Bona Dea was a goddess in Roman Myth. Bona Dea was the perpetually virginal goddess, associated with virginity and fertility in women. She was also associated with healing, with the sick being tended to in her temple garden with medicinal herbs. She was regarded with great reverence by lower-class citizens, slaves and women; who went to her seeking aid in sickness or for fertility. Bona Dea is usually depicted sitting on a throne, holding a cornucopia. The snake is her attribute, a symbol of healing, and consecrated snakes were kept in her temple at Rome, indicating her phallic nature. There are snakes everywhere at Bona Dea Trails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon