Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I Am A Witch!!!

There was an old woman at bear' church who died recently. She was a sweet old lady. They gave her an award this year because she sends out over 1000 Christmas cards every single year. She paid for them out of her own pocket and just went down the church membership list and sent them out to everyone who had a birthday.

Well, last week was walked out onto her back porch and missed the step and fell. She hit her head and died in the hospital a few days later. Now the woman was 92 years old and lived a very full life. Bear asked me to go to the funeral with him.

I have gone to events held at the church before but I don't attend church there for obvious reasons. I'm a witch and there Christians and it is a place of Christian worship. Well I went to the funeral, silver pentagram hanging around my neck and all.

I only got a few uncomfortable looks. One of the people is actually someone I have spent some time with. I guess he didn't know. Well, he does now. Some of them went out of there way to be friendly to me. I guess they know Bear and pastor Steve have been trying to get me to come to there services. But while sitting through the funeral and listening to one of the preachers do his thing I was reminded why I don't go to service. I'm a Witch! I don't believe in sin. And I certianly don't believe I am going to go to hell because I don't believe Jesus Christ was the son of God. I love Pastor Steve to death, but I did not like sitting there listening to that or listening to them sing worship songs. Sorry, I'm not going to clap and sing along. I am a Witch! Sing about the moon, about nature, about trees and plants and flowers and dancing in the moonlight and then I might sing along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

"Sing about the moon, about nature, about trees and plants and flowers and dancing in the moonlight and then I might sing along."

TELL IT LIKE IT IS SISTER!!!

;~)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Walter Jeffries said...

One important element is being able to blend when you want, to move smoothly through the flocks.

As to why the old lady was allowed to live by herself, hopefully it should never be otherwise. That is to say we don't want a Nanny State that forces us into cradle to grave care. Rather we should have the right to live as freely as we can. She had a problem with falling, but I hope that she lived as she did by her choices for that is the best way.

I'll send a snow spell your way. We certainly have enough that we can spare a bit! :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger dragonfly183 said...

I really feel like if someone had been staying with her she would still be alive. But she did live a very long and full life.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon