Friday, March 07, 2008

Auctions and Divorces

A few years ago, right after the new D street opened up there was a land auction for some commercial real estate along that road and by the new exit on that side of town. I've often wondered why they auctioned it and didn't just put it up for sale. Usually when something goes up for auction its because the owners are divorcing and they won't decide who will get what so the court forces them to auction it. It would seem to me you run the risk of loosing money when you auction something and it would be more practical to just sell it that divide the proceeds than to auction it. But I've been fortunate enough to not go through a really messy divorce. My divorce was pretty easy. We agreed on pretty much everything, but I made it that way. I could have made it a lot harder than I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon