Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oysters

I sort of like oysters. I liked fried oysters the best. I don't like the raw ones. I have tried them before and they just don't do it for me. I did put them in a soup once. The soup called for oysters in there shells to just be dumped into the cooking soup and it was served with the shells still in the soup. The soup itself wasn't that great but it was so exotic I made it a few times before everyone refused to eat in anymore. I think it was probably that soup recipe that started me liking Gulf oysters in the first place.

Oysters can be dangerous so its very important that safe post harvest methods are used. Three post-harvest treatment are in use commercially right now. These include individual quick-freezing, low heat pasteurization or heat-cool pasteurization, and high-hydrostatic pressure.

You can find more information about this at BeOysterAware.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon