Monday, April 21, 2008

Time to Plant

Since taking that part time job at Wal_mart my free time has been extremely limited. Its supposed to be part time but there idea of part time is a 7 hour day with an hour long lunch. 7 hours out of my day is a lot. I spend the rest of the time working on the book store and my blogs and snatching a moment here and there for a cup of coffee in the garden. It sucks!!!! But it is good exercise. The don't see very many over weight people working at Wal-Mart and the ones that you do see have very clearly lost a lot of weight recently!!! So far I do like the work environment . . . Even if it does feel like I'm walking on daggers by the end of the night. Another plus side is a few of my co workers are heavy readers and one of them just "gave" me 6 boxes full of mystery books. There has to be at least 300 of them there and there not all mass market paperbacks either. There are some hard covers in there. Yesterday was my day off and I finally got around to getting some things planted. I planted some Cucumbers,, Basil, and Thyme. I also planted some moon blossoms and hollyhocks and there are some morning glory seeds soaking on the fridge that I plant to plant under the willow tree . I still have a rainbow mix of heirloom tomatoes to plant, a mixed package of yarrow, nasturtiums (yes I'm going to try again), cantaloupe, California poppy, and lavender seeds to plant. I'm debating about planting gourds this year or not. i have so many of them already and the vines really take up a lot of space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon