Monday, October 20, 2008

I am at work getting paid at this very moment and writing a blog post. I really, really think I am going to like this job. I even kind of like the 8am to 5pm thing. Unfortunately that’s not going to last. My schedule will be changing to 10am to 7 pm after we finish the next two weeks of what is referred to as nesting. The reason for that schedule is so I can make stops off at the post office before work. I'm to afraid of being late coming back from a lunch break to try and send the books off on my break. Maybe if I had Endica I could do that but endica costs 30 dollars a month and I don't feel like my book store is able to carry that expense at this point in time.

I think the reason I like going to work from 8am to 5pm is because I like driving through the hills and across the lake when the sun is rising. For the past two weeks I've had the pleasure of seeing steam rising from the mirror like suface of the water. The sun is just rising above the mountains at this time of the morning. when I pull out of my driveway it’s a burning red orange ball of fire sitting on top of the mountains and by the time I cross the lake its turned the color of copper. There are clouds of pale blue grey fog hanging on low spots all over the darker blue grey mountains and the shimmering water on the lake is always shades of coppery pink and blue.

The sun is still up when I'm driving home. Were not that far along in the year yet. Unfortunately, when I am driving to work at 10am the sun will have already been up for a few hours and when I'm leaving at 7pm it will already be dark. I might get the pleasure of seeing the sun set when the days get long again but that won't be for several months.

A lot has been going on around here and it hasn't left me much time to write regular blog posts. For one thing my paid blogging has plummeted so much that I had to get a regular job. I worked at the Wal-Mart deli for 6 months while trying to get a job here. I also started writing fiction again. I had an epic dream that inspired a truly perfect story. I'm on chapter 12 of that story and over 55000 words deep into it. I will begin chapter 12 today. The work load here in this new call center is so low that I will be able to work on that book while I am here, on the clock, working. I can write on my work computer and use my work email to send it to my laptop at home and its totally OK with the bosses. I also get free flavored coffee out of a machine and really awesome benefits. My book store has continued to grow and I have managed to maintain sales of 40 books a week. The amount of money I make depends on the quality of the books I managed to find at the previous weekends garage sales though. So far its managed to provide me with gas money and a little bit of spending money and that’s it. I enjoy selling books so much that my small profits really don't bother me that much. Bear has even managed to finish his BS online and will be looking for a new job after the first of the year. I won't have insurance for another two months and if he went and got a new job now we would be without insurance for that two month period. Its kind of a pity though because I saw a sales account manager position at Tyson that he would be perfect for and it pays 60 K a year. I sat down and figured out the taxes on that and came up with a figure of around 4k a month. Wouldn't that be awesome. He would be making as much as he used to make selling cleaner at a regular 9 to 5 job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon