Saturday, October 25, 2008

Things Lately

Its Friday, yippie. I'm writing this at work again. I have found this to be the best time to write blog entries. It does make me a little nervious to have so much free time but they keep hiring and training new people and promotions are constantly being offered so it must not be that much of an issue.

Book store sales have gone up a little bit. Actually being able to go out and buy books to sell probably has a lot to do with that. I spent 6 weeks not buying books because I was waiting for that bastard that said he wanted to buy our house to do "something" only to have him back out later.

I have offically stopped building the earth bag house. My body just will not take the stress and Bear's certainly won't. Its probably just as well because since around Febuary I have had this strange desire to live in town. The house we were going to buy when this one sold was a house in town as well. I was surrounded by trees and looked kind of like it was in the country and even had a septic tank because city sewer is not available on the mountain. It was on Skyline Drive. This is significant because when I was a kid if you were rich you lived on or slightly off of Skyline drive. The house we picked out was 46 years old and probably one of the smaller ones up there at 1900 square feet. it had awalk out basement and a magnificant view of the city. I really could have loved that cute little house. after our deal fell through and the sell sign was only back in the window for a few weeks.

There are a few other older homes up there I would like to have and if there not updated I could probably afford them. Any of the older homes that have been updated sell for 200k. There are at least 6 of them up there that are that age that may or may not be updated.

Bear has decided to wait until after the first of the year to go job hunting. The reason being is that if he got a new job now we may go another two months without health insurance while waiting for mine to kick in. I won't have health insurance for another 64 days. I do have life insurance though on Bear, myself, and the kids. That started at day 1. I also have this insurance called MetLaw that pays my legal fees should I ever need a lawyer. That won't cover any employer employee conflicts, divorces, or frivolious lawsuits initiated by me, but if I get sued or even have so much as a speeding ticket they will take care of it and I don't have to pay a dime. Isn't that cool!!! I actually just used them for a ticket I got for not having proof of insurance in the car. It made me feel like a rich person to take that ticket to a lawyer to be taken care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
OfficeMax Coupon